Updated and Effective July 11, 2011
1. Collection of Information
Information we collect that you provide to us.
If you register with our Website we may collect information, such as contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) or demographic information (e.g., zip code, organization and/or role).
We may also provide you with access to certain features or functions that we may offer on the Website, such as the option to subscribe to a selection of free email newsletters and other periodic information, chat rooms, message boards, electronic mail services, messaging services and member profile pages. To sign up for or participate in these features or functions, you may be required to provide us with certain information in order for us to personalize and/or allow you to use such features and functions.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search
functions, questionnaires, feedback, and the like.
We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional Website or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
"Cookies" (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity. "Web beacons" (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. The Website and/or third parties may use "cookies", "web beacons" and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to collect information from you automatically as you browse the Website and the web.
We use Tracking Technologies to (i) help tailor our content, (ii) allow users to move between associated sites without logging into the Website, (iii) understand Website and Internet usage,(iv) improve or customize the content, offerings or advertisements on this Website, (v) personalize your experience on this Website (for example, to recognize you by name when you return to the Website), (vi) save your password in password-protected areas, (vii) help us offer you programs or services that may be of interest to you, (viii) deliver relevant advertising, (ix) maintain and administer the Website and (x) to assist us with the other purposes described in the "Uses of Information",
These Tracking Technologies collect "click stream" data and information regarding your visits to the Website, such as your visits to the Website webpages, use of our features, and preferences and may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the device you use to access the Website ("Identifier"). Your Identifier is automatically assigned to the device you use to access the Website. By visiting the Website, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the site through these Tracking Technologies.
This Website may additionally use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, "Third Party Advertising Service Providers") to, for example, serve advertisements on the Website, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on the Website ("Targeting Services"). These Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable us to display advertisements based on your visits to the Website and other websites you have visited. Targeting Services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
Although these Third Party Advertising Service Providers do not have access to Tracking Technologies set by the Website, the Third Party Advertising Service Providers, as well as Advertisers, may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your device if you choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in your browser (or, for Flash cookies, if you have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise have access to information about you.
2. Use of Information
We use information that can be used to identify or contact you ("Personal Information") to (a) process your registration on the Website, such as verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid; (b) contact you regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any promotions you have participated in or have entered, or any other transactions you have undertaken with the Website; (c) allow you to participate in the public areas and/or other features of the Website; (d) respond to your questions or other requests; (e) contact you regarding your use of the Website, for informational purposes related to the Website or, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Website's policies; (f) improve the Website and for internal business purposes; (g) tailor your experience on the Website and/or otherwise customize what you see when you visit the Website; (h) save your User ID or other personal information, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Website; and (i) otherwise to maintain and administer the Website and for other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the information.
Disclosure to Third Parties
In addition, we may share some kinds of Personal Information with third parties as described below.
- Companies and people who work for us: We contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide Website. For example, we may host some of our Website on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from member lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide member service. In addition, we may validate your identity and other information against available databases. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the Website that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require that such companies not use your information for any purpose other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We also require that such companies keep your personal information confidential and to comply with applicable laws. We cannot, however, guarantee that any third party will maintain the privacy of your information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of members. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of us. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional - informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for members to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
- Legal requirements: We may be obligated to cooperate with various law enforcement inquiries. We reserve the right to share or transfer your information to comply with a legal requirement, disclose any activities or information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, determine necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability. We may release information if, in our judgment the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
[Note: If the company will be providing Personal Information to third parties for marketing or advertising, this needs to be noted in this section.]
Information Collected by Third Party Advertising Service Providers.
3. Sharing of Non-identifiable Information
4. Protection of information
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, regardless of our efforts and the device you use to access the Website, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission.
5. Your Privacy Choices
In the registration form you complete when registering for our Website, you may have an opportunity to elect to receive recurring informational/promotional e-mail from us. Our email correspondence will include instructions on how to update certain personal information and how to unsubscribe from our emails. Please follow the instructions in the emails to opt-out of an email. We will unsubscribe you from that newsletter or other programs within ten (10) business days.
You can always contact us in order to change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts by e-mailing us at help@RaceReach.com or if available, by logging into your account to update your information.
Tracking Technologies Set by the Website. With respect to the Tracking Technologies set by the Website, you have a number of options:
- You can choose to delete most the Tracking Technologies (other than Flash cookies) through the "Internet Options" sub-option of the "Tools" menu option of your browser or otherwise as directed by your browser's support feature. See the "help" section of your browser for more information and see below for more information on removing Flash cookies.
- You can choose to turn most Tracking Technologies off (other than Flash cookies). . Additional information on disabling or turning most Tracking Technologies off may be available through your browser's support feature. See the "help" section of your browser for more information and see below for more information on removing Flash cookies.
- You can choose to have the device you use to access the Website warn you each time a cookie or most other Tracking Technologies are being sent (other than Flash cookies),or you can choose to turn off such warnings. This is done through your browser on the device you use to access the Website. Additional information on warnings and removal of warnings may be available through your browser's support feature.
(3) Flash Cookies. Please note that deleting, rejecting, disabling or turning off Tracking Technologies set by Third Party Advertising Service Providers and Advertisers and set by this Website through the above options will not remove Flash cookies.
Some device manufacturers may preset their browsers to block Tracking Technologies from websites other than those you visit directly and, if so, certain services or advertisements may not work for such devices. Further, if you delete, reject, disable or turn off Tracking Technologies, you may not have access to certain features of the Website and some of our other services may not function properly.
Updating your personal information
You can review and update your account information. You can modify, add, or delete certain personal information, such as your mailing address and email, by accessing your account through the Website.
6. Children's policy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
7. U.S. Governing Law.
The Website is designed and targeted to U.S. audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the
laws of the U.S. We make no representation that this Website is operated in accordance with the laws or
regulations of, or governed by, other nations. By participating in our Website activities, you certify that
If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the U.S., you do so at your own risk and initiative and you, not us, are responsible for compliance with any applicable local and national laws.
9. Notice for California Users
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as "unsubscribe") or opt-in for use of your Personal Information by third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to the Privacy Administrator at help@RaceReach.com or by postal mail to us:
Raleigh, NC 27614
All requests must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the email subject line or envelope or post card. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to "Your California Privacy Rights", include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Raleigh, NC 27614