Last Updated on April 1, 2023
What information do we collect or receive?
RaceReach LLC collects certain personal data from individuals through their use of our websites, downloadable software, and applications. For example, RaceReach LLC provides Clients with web based software that collects payments details and visitor information from the Client’s customers and participants. In order to process online payments and provide service to the Client’s customers and participants, RaceReach LLC asks for personal data. When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our websites without telling us who you are or providing us with any personal data. Personal data that is captured is done so on behalf of our Clients.
(1) Information You Voluntarily Choose to Provide
With respect to the personal data that RaceReach LLC collects from you, RaceReach LLC acts as the controller of your personal data. In this capacity, we only collect, use, share, store, or otherwise process your personal data when we have an appropriate basis. For example, we may process your personal data as necessary to provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as our terms of service. We may process your personal data when necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of pursuing legitimate interests (such as providing services, improving the services and the websites, performing internal analytics, preventing fraud, enforcing legal claims, and security purposes) if doing so is consistent with your rights and appropriate to the context.
(2) Information Collected by Clients
RaceReach LLC also processes personal data under the direction of our Clients (“Client Data”). In those instances, RaceReach LLC acts as a processor of the personal data of its Client, the data controller. For example, the Client or representative of the Client may store or upload personal data. When we collect information under the direction of our Clients, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. If you have provided personal data to one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by the Client that uses our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
Because we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process under the direction of our Clients, each Client is responsible for providing notice to its visitors and third persons concerning the purpose for which Client collects their personal data and how this personal data is processed in or through the Service as part of Client Data. Further, an individual who seeks access to, or who wishes to rectify, erase, or restrict processing of his or her personal data should direct his or her query to the RaceReach LLC Client (the data controller). We will make every effort to respond to the requests that we receive in a timely manner.
(3) Information that is Automatically Collected (Tracking Technologies)
We collect some information automatically when you visit our websites or use our applications through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, web beacons, or clear gifs.
The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP addresses or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about the device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with our websites and applications which may include the web pages or sites visited just before or after using our service, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, the application you used, dates and times of your visit, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when our website or application crashes;
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
We do not respond to a Web browser’s “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Additionally, other parties may collect your personal data about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when you use our website or service.
What do we use your personal data for?
As a general matter, we use personal information to provide visitors the service(s) of registering for an event online, making an online donation, subscribing to a newsletter, or otherwise registering for an online form on behalf of the Client. We also may use your information for the following purposes.
- We need your information in order to successfully run our business. Under the law, this is referred to as our “legitimate interests.” We can only do this if we can show that there is little or no risk to you or your personal data. Therefore, we use your personal data:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates andinformation;
- To better understand our users, their interests, and their preferences;To personalize your experience, save your preference, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of our service;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and functionality;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes;
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted.
- To the extent you give consent, such as when we would like to process your personal information for a purpose that would otherwise be incompatible with this policy.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Data submitted through RaceReach LLC is a critical part of our business and would be treated in the same fashion as our other assets in the context of a merger, sale or other corporate reorganization or legal proceeding. Therefore, we reserve the right to transfer information about our user in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
User Access, Choice, and Individual Rights
Upon request, RaceReach LLC will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. If your personal data changes, you may correct, update, or amend it by logging in to the site and making the change on our member information page, or by emailing at help@RaceReach.com.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or whose personal information is processed by RaceReach LLC in the EEA also have the right to obtain their personal information so they can transfer it to another party, or ask us to do so on their behalf, which we will do when technically feasible. This right is limited, and only arises when our processing of your information is automated and based on your consent or our user agreements and/or terms and conditions. To exercise this right, please submit your request by sending an email to help@RaceReach.com.
When we act as the controller of your personal data, we retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you would like to request that we delete your information, please contact us at help@RaceReach.com.
When we act as a processor of our Clients’ personal data, we will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. RaceReach LLC will retain this personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or by contacting us at help@RaceReach.com.
How do we protect your information?
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information at all times through our website. If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, please submit your request by sending an email to help@RaceReach.com. Please include your name, email address, and postal address in your request, and describe specifically the information that you would like to access or correct so that we may respond appropriately and promptly.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may share some kinds of personal data with third parties as described below.
• Companies and people who work for us: We contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide website services. For example, we may host some of our website services on another company’s computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from member lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, or provide member service. In addition, we may validate your identity and other information against available databases. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the website that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require that such companies not use your information for any purpose other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We also require that such companies keep your personal information confidential and comply with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties and we cannot guarantee that any third party will maintain the privacy of your information.
- Legal requirements: We may be obligated to cooperate with various law enforcement inquiries. We reserve the right to share or transfer your information to comply with a legal requirement or to disclose any activities or information about you to law
enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, determine necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability. We may release information if, in our judgment the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
Transfers of Information
As part of our international operations, we may transfer information about you to any jurisdiction in which we do business. When you use our websites, downloadable software, or applications, you acknowledge that we may transfer information about you as described in this policy.
We will transfer your personal information for any of the purposes identified in this policy to our Clients, service providers, and business partners that may be located outside of the jurisdiction in which you are located. The laws in those jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection as compared to the laws in your country. However, we will treat your personal information as subject to the protections described in this policy.
When we transfer personal information from the EEA to entities within our organization located outside of the EEA, we rely on standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards. If we transfer personal information from the EEA to another party located outside the EEA, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, which could include the standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield program, or another framework deemed adequate by the European Commission.
The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
Under California law, users who are California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the information (if any)_that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request via email at the address set forth below.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use our websites, downloadable software, or applications to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, if you need to report a problem, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under this policy, please email us at help@RaceReach.com.
Please include your name, contact information, and the nature of your request so that we may respond appropriately and promptly to your communication.